Rat and Mouse Control in Pleasanton, CA
Get Rid of Rats & Mice
Getting rid of a rat infestation begins with eliminating the appeal your home holds for these pests. Making your home less hospitable to rodents and removing possible points of entry is an important part of dealing with a rat or mouse infestation. Premier Rodent has a team of pest exterminators that is dedicated to providing ongoing protection for your property from rodents, birds, and wildlife—our mice and rat control specialists will help you develop a personalized solution to eliminate infestations and prevent future problems.
Popular Rodent Entry Points
Rats and mice can enter your home in many ways. Rodents need only a hole the diameter of a quarter or a gap spanning a distance of about 5/8” to squeeze into your home and cause a problem. Furthermore, these rodents are adept at chewing and gnawing, quickly creating holes through which they can enter and exit. The first step in rat- and mice-proofing is to catalogue and eliminate all entry points to keep rodents from ever entering your home or business.
- Roof ridge vents, soffit vents, gable vents, and ground-level vents are common rodent entry points. Some types of foundation cracks can also allow rodents to access your basement or crawlspace from the outside. Having your roof and foundation inspected annually will identify signs of wear or rodent activity that require repair.
- Pipes, vents, and power supply lines that travel from your home’s interior to exterior can leave enough space for rodents to gain access. Such access points include air conditioner cabling, dryer vents, and appliance power supplies. These spaces should be sealed with caulk, foam, or wire mesh and checked regularly for signs of rodent activity.
Why Rodent-Proofing Is an Important Part of Rodent Control
Rodent control requires a multi-pronged approach that includes both extermination and prevention. Your property is best served by a combination of rodent-proofing and regular inspections to identify potential issues and address them before extensive damage is done. Rodent-proofing can be undertaken either following a rat infestation, or as a preventive measure when you begin scheduling wildlife or rodent control services. Without rodent-proofing practices, your property will remain vulnerable to future infestations, even if you have never had a problem in the past. Eliminating the factors that invite or allow rodents onto your property, such as easy access points and sources of food and water, is the key to reducing your risk of a rodent problem or more easily managing an infestation if one occurs. Premier Rodent can help you identify and solve a rodent, wildlife, or bird infestation to protect your property in Pleasanton. You can reach our pest exterminators by calling (925) 417-0900 to schedule an inspection.
Why Choose Us?
- No Chemicals, No Baits, No Poison
- We Offer A 1 Year Guarantee On All Work We Perform
- Locally Owned And Operated Family Business, Since 1979
- We Provide Quality Work By Trained Professionals